Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Trois Oeuvres













“Japan will scrap a plan to obtain half of its electricity from nuclear power and will instead promote renewable energy and conservation as a result of its ongoing nuclear crisis, the prime minister said Tuesday. …

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Tuesday that he will organize a high-level meeting on nuclear safety Sept. 22 [2011] on the sidelines of the General Assembly in New York.”

*

"To be clear: I am not a conductor, and I will never be one. This is not my way of life, and I have nothing to do with that, and have no talent for that. But if you want me to give a definition to what I do, I wouldn't say I'm a pianist - I'm a musician, and the piano happens to be my instrument. I don't like to have one function, to give me just one perspective on music. I like to make chamber music, to be part of a group, to play song accompaniments, to teach, to speak about music. In other words, to live the phenomenon on different sides."

-- Pierre-Laurent Aimard

*

Photo credit: (c) Efrem Lukatsky and Associated Press 2009. Copyright controlled. All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home