Monday, March 17, 2008

Peace And War ... And The Arts And Sciences
















University of California at Berkeley's new East Asian Library which opened this week; and the soon to open, sustainable California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco. The Academy -- designed by Rienzo Piano -- was constructed with 70% recycled cement and 100% recycled steel.

Photo credits: (c) University of California at Berkeley and www.greenroofs.com. With thanks.

*

Prokofiev's Война и мир [War and Peace].

*

kultur-multur.org Where Central Asia Meets Central Europe

*

I will be on travel starting tomorrow and will be posting sporadically... again. My apologies and my deep thanks for your reading. Please, feel free to post comments or send e-mails, which I will try to respond to fairly promptly. My apologies for a few remaining outstanding responses. I remember who you are and I apologize for my delay responding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home